Monday, July 27, 2009

Kane is here...

Kane arrived at 12:06 am July 23rd after 13 hours of labor which included 2 hours of pushing. He weighed 8lbs 12 oz and was 21in long. He had his head turned a little which is why he took so long to come out. Pushing him out was probably the hardest physical thing I have ever done but oh so worth it. I didn't say a thing for the whole two hours I pushed as I put all my energy into pushing. As soon as he came out, I said "Oh my God I feel so much better!" Chris was a wonderful labor partner and so supportive. Even the doctor and nurses commented about how great he was and said he should teach classes to other dads-to-be. We decided to leave the hospital on Friday since we figured we would get more rest at home. Grannycut and Pop have ben staying with us and been a tremendous help! Kane is a great eater and pretty good sleeper so far. We hope that continues. So far we love being parents even if we don't get to sleep as much. Here are some pictures from the hospital and first days home...

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Welcome Kane! You have so many people who love you already and who can't wait to know the amazing little person you will grow to be! Congratulations Mandy and Chris!! We wish you every moment of happiness with your little bundle of joy!
    Cara, Carl and Jude

    ReplyDelete